Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Homemade curry heaven!

This was another successful - delicious - affordable dinner. I'll start with my rating. 3.7. Would cook this several times a week.
Ingredients can be whaaatever is in the fridge. I used a yellow squash, zucchini, red and green pepper and a little onion. A few cloves of garlic for good measure too. I chopped all ingredients then salted, peppered and sprinkled them with curry powder. I let them bask in their glory in the bowl for a bit.
A little lesson...(I am a teacher after all) everything you read says you need curry paste. Well, I didn't have any on hand. So, I improvised. (Improv is another favorite past time.)
I mixed my can of coconut milk with about 1.5 tablespoons of curry powder, 2 tablespoons flour (for thickening), about a teaspoon of peri peri seasoning (because why not) and whisked feverishly. I let this hangout and sit for a bit.
Next, heat two tablespoons of oil in a skillet. Add veggies and cook for 8-12 minutes. Add the coconut mix and let cook for another 6-8 minutes.
Cook some rice. I am not telling anyone about cooking rice. It's easy.
Photos of the process and finished product attached. Enjoy vicariously through my photos.

PS thanks for the bowls mom!










No comments:

Post a Comment