Wednesday, January 2, 2013

First total Veg dish

Last night I attempted my first full vegetarian dish. I have to give a shout out to the Brokeass Gourmet for providing the recipe for the dish. It was one of the most exciting dishes I had cooked in a long time. The excitement as I prepared the dish (this time with my mom) was almost overwhelming. The recipe was simple, cost about 14 dollars in new ingredients plus a few from the pantry.
The most thrilling part for me was the noodles... Instead of noodles - the starch layer was wonton wrapper. HOW EASY. And delicious.
Easy enough, sauté veggies (original recipe calls zucchini and eggplant only, I added mushrooms as well), layer sauce, ricotta, veggies and wonton wrappers - top with mozzarella and bake!
Whoa.
Delicious.
This is the finished product. Topped with a little fresh parm from The Cheese Shop of Des Moines.


No comments:

Post a Comment